SILT has successfully undertaken many projects belonging to transportation sector in all the diverse topographic regions of Nepal, Bhutan, and Afghanistan. The Firm is well experienced in the environment friendly survey, design, environmental assessments, social safeguard studies and planning, pre and post contract services and construction of transportation facilities. The services provided belonged to the following fields of specialization:
- Conduct Regional Multi-modal Transportation Study; Planning and Programming including Traffic Studies for Strategic Roads as well as other roads and trails
- Conduct Sector Wide Road Study, Prepare Priority Investment Plan, and Prepare Policies, Guidelines, Manuals of behalf of Government in Transportation Sector
- Carry out Pre-feasibility Study, Detailed Inventory Preparation and Detailed Feasibility Studies of Highways, other Roads and Bridges
- Detailed Survey including Land Use Study, Topographic Survey, Traffic Survey, Hydrological Survey, Geological and Geotechnical Investigations, Quarry / Borrow Site Survey for Construction Material and Testing, Social and Environmental Survey, Land and Property Acquisition and Compensation / Resettlement Plan Preparation etc.
- Interpretation of Digital Maps and Aerial Photo, Preparation of Maps and Selection of Alignment
- Pavement Condition Evaluation, Identification of Pavement Maintenance Requirements, Planning of Road Pavement Maintenance & Rehabilitation including Prioritization for Investment
- Detailed Engineering Design of Roads, Bridges, Appurtenant Structures for New Construction, Rehabilitation, Reconstruction, and Upgrading of Highways and Feeder Roads (Strategic Road Network); District Roads and Rural Roads
- Detailed Design of Pavement Surfacing including Gravel Surface, Otta Seal, SBSD, DBSD, Asphalt Concrete and others
- Prepare Construction Drawings, Rate Analysis, Quantity and Cost Estimates
- Financial Analysis, Costing and Tariffs
- Preparation of Pre-qualification Document, Tender Document, Specifications, Selection of Contractors
- Quality Control, Construction Supervision, and Contract Management as per ‘Engineer’ according to FIDIC
- Study, Design and Construction Supervision of Low-cost, Labor-based & Environmental Friendly Road with Participatory Approach by Involving Potential Beneficiaries in all the Stages of the Projects and Strengthen them to make them Capable of Operation & Maintenance of the Road in a Sustainable Basis.
- Project Benefit Monitoring and Evaluation with regard to Environment Conservation and Social Safeguard in the Project after Implementation