Earthquake Emergency Assistance Project (EEAP) | Construction Supervision Consultant for Reconstruction of Government Office Buildings in 11 Districts
Earthquake Emergency Assistance Project (EEAP), Construction Supervision Consultant for Reconstruction of Government Office Buildings in 11 Districts
FUNDING AGENCY: Asian Development Bank
DURATION: June 2017 – December 2019
VALUE OF SERVICES: NRS 110,192,645.00 / USD 972,068.15
LOCATION: 11 Earthquake affected districts (Ramechhap, Dolakha, Gorkha, Dhading, Rasuwa, Nuwakot, Okhaldhunga, Sindhuli, Kavrepalanchowk, Sindhupalanchowk and Lamjung) of Nepal
On April 25, 2015 worst natural disaster, an earthquake strike Nepal. It had a major impact on lives, property and infrastructures. After the disaster, with the resurgence from disaster the vulnerable constructions were in the need of reconstruction. The JV of Consultants supported the GoN to rebuilt/reconstruct/retrofit about 300 district-level government buildings.
Major activities carried out by the consultants are:
- Assist Client in the implementation of EEAP in project management, procurement proceedings, and reporting etc.
- Design review and redesigning of the buildings as required by the actual site conditions
- Monitoring of detailed site exploration and Geotechnical Investigation of the proposed site to be carried by contractor
- Overall contract administration, construction supervision & quality control of the proposed works including new construction, maintenance and retrofitting of existing buildings
- Review of Contractor(s)’ Implementation Schedule
- Check Contractor’s IPCs and forward to the Client
- Approval and enforcement of Quality Assurance Plan (QAP)
- Periodic Reporting to Client and conducting meeting between Client and Contractors
- Assist the Client for financial management including cost control, reimbursement and disbursement
- Preparing and implementation of social safeguard, environmental safeguard and gender safeguard measures to monitor the implementation status of such measures
- Compliance monitoring of Environmental Management Action Plan (EMAP)
- Assist the Client in arranging workshops and trainings as required
- Prepare and submit various reports, i.e. Monthly report, quarterly report, design review report, etc.
The project mainly included: Construction supervision of 70 nos (2 nos. of 2 storey, 33 nos. of 3 storey, 33 nos. of 4 storey and 2 nos. of 5 storey) new office buildings as well as Maintenance & Retrofitting of 40 nos. of office buildings in 10 earthquake effected districts.
Out of 70 nos. of buildings, construction cost of following buildings is more than NRs. 80 million:
- New Integrated Office Building, Sindhuli with project cost of NRs. 143.608 million
- New District Court Office Building, Nuwakot with project cost of NRs. 120.894 million
- New District Court Office, Dhading with project cost of NRs. 83.84 million
- New District Court Office Building, Gorkha with project cost of NRs. 165.414 million